The I2S Electrical, Audio and Protocol testing Software offers unprecedented cross-layer analysis tools and automation to improve quality and productivity while managing your schedules.
Protocol Decoding and Debugging Made Easy
PGY-I2S offers unmatched flexibility in performing exhaustive tests that help find problems quickly to ensure high-quality design.
PGY-I2S provides flexibility in analyzing the various I2S implementations and configurations.
Powerful triggering capabilities*1 include I2S protocol and customized setup and hold triggers helps to identify and analyze the circuit problems.
Compliance of a wide range of automated electrical measurements to I2S standard helps you to address the physical layer interoperability problems.
Industry’s first and best Penta Monitor (Spectrogram monitor, Audio monitor, Signal monitor, Protocol monitor and Eye diagram monitor) offers a single window to examine and analyze the I2S data in different domains.
provides a deep insight into the transient audio behaviours in the design which are very hard to find in time domain audio waveforms.
Audio Monitor provides a way to visually inspect the transmitted audio and play the sound.
The Protocol Monitor provides the left and right channel data listing and timing with respect to trigger position.
The Signal Monitor provides insight into the transmitted I2S signals along with bus diagram and overlaid decoded data.
Eye Diagram Monitor helps to understand the system performance, channel imperfections and clock to data skew.
Penta Monitor along with the system utilities such as zoom, pan, un-do, fit to screen, cursors and audio play provides flexibility to the design and debug engineers to identify the problem areas quicker.
The unprecedented search capability compliments the trigger and helps to find problems in the physical layer, protocol layer, and audio layer faster.
PGY-I2S software’s in-built automated report generator offers a very flexible report generation capability helps to communicate the test reports effectively between the fellow team members and management.
PGY-I2S Electrical, Audio and Protocol Testing software combined with a Tektronix oscilloscope provides a single tool to debug and validate the I2S digital audio physical and protocol layers.
There are no standard measurements limits defined for SPI Bus for pass/fail test. The limits are varying in nature depending upon the SPI Bus speed. In order to characterise and validate SPI signals PGYSPI software provides graphical measurement reference level setup to set measurement reference level of SPI signals. These limits are automatically applied while making selected SPI measurements in PGY-SPI software and reduces test time offering reliable measurements.
The product features are as follows:
- A single tool for physical, protocol, and audio analysis helps to cross examine the electrical, protocol, and audio layers.
- Industry’s first and best Penta monitor (Spectrogram monitor, Audio monitor, Protocol monitor, Signal monitor and Eye diagram monitor) provides flexibility in analyzing the digital and analog audio data in a single window.
- Cross linking of spectrogram, audio waveform, protocol data and analog physical layer signal, and eye diagram helps to identify the problem quickly.
- Support for I2S, Left Justified and Right Justified.
- Wide range of automated timing measurements as per I2S standards helps to test compliance to I2S standard timing specification.
- Sophisticated protocol- and timing-based I2S triggering quickly to pinpoint the symptoms*1.
- Oscilloscope setup assistant automatically performs oscilloscope setup to obtain accurate and reliable measurements.
- Bus diagram and overlay of protocol data on analog waveform in a signal monitor.
Unprecedented “Search” capabilities locate unique events in thousands of protocol data.
- Ability to play and store the uncompressed I2S waveform.
- Comprehensive and customizable report generation.
- Ability to export the analyzed data to .wav, Matlab, csv and txt file formats for advanced analysis.
Debugging I2S protocol in:
- Digital home appliances
- Portable audio devices / MP3 players
- Mobile smart phones / PDAs
- Surveillance systems
- Gaming machines
I2S Protocol Trigger*1– Standard I2S, LJ, RJ, Left or right data (equal and not equal), world long only (I2S signal with bit long LRCLK is not supported)
I2S Timing Trigger*1– WS setup time, WS hold time, Data setup time, Data hold time, clock high, clock low, clock to data delay, WS data delay.
I2S Measurements and compliance – Clock rise time, Clock fall time, Clock low period, Clock high period, Clock frequency, WS Setup time, WS hold time, Data setup time, Data hold time, Data –WS Delay time, Clock – Data delay time.
Displays – Spectrogram monitor, Audio Monitor, Protocol Monitor, Signal Monitor (Bus diagram), Eye Diagram Monitor
Protocol Display formats – Decimal, Signed (2’s complement), Hex, Binary, Octal, ASCII
Configuration settings – I2S, Lj, RJ, Data, Clock, WS, Suspicious Pop/Click source, Bit order(MSB/LSB first), world select (left = low/ Right =low), Data enable (Clock rise/ clock fall), Frame type(world long/ bit long), Mark / Space, Bits per data (Tx and Rx), Voltage reference (Vigh and Vlow), Audio sampling rate.
Display Utilities – Zoom, Pan, Undo, Cursor, link, Channel on/ off
- Protocol data search -Less than, greater than, equal, not equal, range,
- Audio search – Mute, silence, Clip, bottom clip, glitch, pop,
- Pattern search – Walking 1, walking 0, constant tone, staircase, constant,
- Physical layer search- Clock rise time, Clock fall time, Clock low period, Clock high period, Clock frequency, WS Setup time, WS hold time, Data setup time, Data hold time, Data –WS Delay time, Clock – Data delay time
Export formats – .wav, .txt, .mat, csv
Report format – HTML
The following Tektronix oscilloscopes are supported:
- DPO7000 Series Oscilloscope
- DPO70000 Series Oscilloscope
- MSO70000 Series Oscilloscope
- DPO70000B Series Oscilloscope
- DSA70000B Series Oscilloscope
*1 Trigger features only available with DPO7000 and MSO70000 Series oscilloscope
I2S Electrical, Audio and Protocol Testing Software is compatible with Tektronix DPO7000 and DPO/MSO70000 and DPO/DSA70000B series oscilloscopes.