1. Supports v1.0/v1.1 Specifications
2. Ability to configure it as Master or Slave.
3. Ability to configure BCR, LVR, and DCR registers.
4. Simultaneously generate I3C traffic and Protocol decode of the Bus.
5. Optional Compliance Test Specifications (CTS) test script support.
6. Supports legacy I2C slaves and Master.
7. Generate different I3C SDR and HDR Packets.
8. Supports IBI and Hot Plug capabilities.
9. Error Injection such as CRC errors, parity errors, and ACK/NACK errors.
10. Variable I3C data speeds and duty cycle.
11. PMIC device support as per JEDEC DDR5 spec requirement.
12. Margin test capability: Voltage and timing variation.
13. Continuous streaming of protocol data between the instrument and host computer.
14. Timing diagram of Protocol decoded bus.
15. Listing view of Protocol activity.
16. Error Analysis in Protocol Decode.
17. Ability to write exerciser script to combine multiple data frame generation at different data speeds.
18. USB2/3 host computer interface.
19API support for automation in Python or C++.
*v1.1 supports only one lane commands
Multi-domain View provides the complete view of I3C Protocol activity in a single GUI. Users can easily set up the analyzer to generate I3C/I2C traffic using the GUI or script. Users can set different trigger conditions from the setup menu to capture protocol activity at specific events and decode the transition between the Master and Slave. The decoded results can be viewed in the timing diagram and protocol listing windows with auto-correlation. State machine view provides switching of state machine between master and slave for design validation. This comprehensive view of information makes it an industry-best offering and an easy-to-use solution to debug the I3C protocol activity.
PGY-I3C-EX-PD supports I3C traffic generation using GUI and Script. Users can perform simple traffic generation using the GUI to test the DUT. Script-based GUI provides flexibility to emulate the complete expected traffic in the real world including error injections. In the below sample script users can generate I3C traffic as below:
Script line #10: Set system Frequency 500KHz, Duty cycle to 50%, CLK to data delay to 10ns (default), start to restart setup time to 20ns (default)
Script line #12: SETMWL
Script line #13: Set system inter message gap to 16us
Script line #14: SETMRL
Timing Diagram and Protocol Listing View
The timing view provides the plot of SCL and SDA signals with bus diagram information. Overlayingofprotocol bits on the digital timing waveform helps in the easy debugging of protocol decoded data. Cursor and zoom features make it convenient to analyze protocol in timing diagrams for any timing error.
The protocol window provides the decoded packet information in each state and all packet details with error info in the packet. The selected frame in the protocol listing window will be auto-correlated in the timing view to view the timing information of the packet.
Powerful Trigger Capabilities
PGY-I3C-EX-PD supports auto, simple, and advanced trigger capabilities. The analyzer can trigger any of the protocol packets such as broadcast, directed, or private messages. Advanced trigger provides the flexibility to monitor multiple trigger conditions and can set multiple state trigger machines.