Home Forums I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) Forum What’s the difference between I²C and SPI?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • I2C represents Inter-Integrated Circuit. I2C is a straightforward two-wire sequential convention used to impart between two gadgets or chips in an installed framework. I2C has two lines SCL and SDA, SCL is utilized for clock and SDA is utilized for information.
    • SPI represents Serial Peripheral interface. SPI is a four wire sequential correspondence convention. SPI follows ace slave construction. The four lines of SPI are MOSI, MISO, SCL and SS. SCL is a sequential clock that is utilized for whole information correspondence. Slave Select(SS) is utilized to choose the slave. Ace out Slave In (MOSI) is the result information line from the expert and Master in Slave out(MISO) is the info information line for the Master.
    • I2C is half duplex communication and SPI is full duplex communication.
      ● I2C supports multi master and multi slave and SPI supports single master.
      ● I2C is a two wire protocol and SPI is a four wire protocol.
      ● I2C supports clock stretching and SPI does not have clock stretching.
      ● I2C is slower than SPI.
      ● I2C has extra overhead start and stop bits and SPI does not have any start and stop bits.
      ● I2C has an acknowledgment bit after every byte of transfer.
      ● I2C has a pullup resistor requirement.
    • In I2C It is easy to add new slave devices into the bus. Just add the new device without adding a new slave select unlike SPI.
    • SPI can support up to 10MB/s however I 2 C in the ultra-fast mode can support only 5MB/s.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.