MDIO Protocol Exerciser and Analyzer
MDIO Protocol Analyzer (PGY-MDIO-EX-PD) is the Protocol Analyzer with multiple features to capture and debug communication between host and design under test. PGY-MDIO-EX-PD is the leading instrument that enables the design and test engineers to test the respective MDIO designs for their specifications by configuring the PGY-MDIO-EX-PD as Master/Slave, generating MDIO traffic and decoding the MDIO protocol decode packets.
MDIO stands for Management Data Input/Output, MDIO is a 2-wire serial bus that is used to manage physical layer devices in media access controllers (MACs) in Gigabit Ethernet equipment. The management of these PHYs is based on the access and modification of their various registers.
PGY-MDIO-EX-PD is the leading instrument that enables the design and test engineers to test the MDIO designs for its specifications by configuring PGY-MDIO-EX-PD as master/slave, generating MDIO traffic with error injection capability and decoding MDIO Protocol packets.
The product features are as follows:
- Supports MDIO speeds of up to 25MHz
- Ability to configure it as Master or Slave
- Simultaneously generate MDIO traffic and Protocol decode of the Bus
- MDIO Master and Slaves
- Support for MDIO Clause 22 & 45
- Variable MDIO data speeds and Duty cycle
- Continuous streaming of protocol data to the host computer to provide a large buffer
- A timing diagram of Protocol decoded bus
- Listing view of Protocol activity
- Ability to write exerciser script to combine multiple data frame generation at different data speeds
- USB 2.0/3.0 host computer interface
- API support for automation in Python or C++