The I3C serial bus interface is emerging as a chosen interface for all future sensor connectivity in mobile phone and automotive industries. This could also be chosen as a low-cost, reliable interface for future embedded electronic applications to address the new data-intensive applications.
The PGY-I3C-EX-PD is the leading instrument that enables the design and test engineers to test the I3C designs for their specifications by configuring the PGY-I3C-EX-PD as Master/Slave to generate I3C traffic with error injection capabilities and to decode I3C protocol packets.
1. Supports v1.0/v1.1 Specifications
2. Ability to configure it as Master or Slave.
3. Ability to configure BCR, LVR, and DCR registers.
4. Simultaneously generate I3C traffic and Protocol decode of the Bus.
5. Optional Compliance Test Specifications (CTS) test script support.
6. Supports legacy I2C slaves and Master.
7. Generate different I3C SDR and HDR Packets.
8. Supports IBI and Hot Plug capabilities.
9. Error Injection such as CRC errors, parity errors, and ACK/NACK errors.
10. Variable I3C data speeds and duty cycle.
11. PMIC device support as per JEDEC DDR5 spec requirement.
12. Margin test capability: Voltage and timing variation.
13. Continuous streaming of protocol data between the instrument and host computer.
14. Timing diagram of Protocol decoded bus.
15. Listing view of Protocol activity.
16. Error Analysis in Protocol Decode.
17. Ability to write exerciser script to combine multiple data frame generation at different data speeds.
18. USB2/3 host computer interface.
19. API support for automation in Python or C++. 1 v1.1 supports only one lane commands
v1.1 supports only one lane commands
I3C Protocol Analyzer and Exerciser – FAQ Section
Yes, PGY-I3C-EX-PD has support for API using Python and C++.
The PGY-I3C-EX-PD unit is field upgradable using firmware upgrades.
During warranty, the first level support is offered over emails/phone/WebEx. If physical support/repair is required, the unit needs to be shipped back to Prodigy India office. Where if we find the hardware faulty, we will repair/replace the unit under warranty.
Yes, PGY-I3C-EX-PD will have support for CTS v1.1.1 under which almost 90 test cases are included. Being a contributing member to MIPI, we have our CTS suite ready with the provisional specs, but the final document is still under review and it is expected to be ratified by MIPI soon. Hence, the Opt CTS (v1.1) delivery is subject to MIPI ratification. Once released, this option will also be post purchase - field upgradable for all existing customers.
The bus voltage can be varied from 1.0 V to 3.3V in steps of 50mV.
The PGY-I3C-EX-PD comes with a standard 12 months return to Prodigy warranty on the hardware and 12 months software support. Upfront hardware warranty & software support extension is possible for additional 24 Months.
Accessories, cables & Probes are covered under 90 days warranty for any manufacturing defect only.
PGY-I3C-EX-PD has support for 1 Master + 3 slaves or 1 Master + 1 Secondary master and 2 slaves internally.
16 CH Logic Analyzer
I3C-Protocol Trigger & Decode Software
I3C Electrical Validation Software