PDU-R with DPO70000/DSA70000 high bandwidth oscilloscope series can be used to debug the UART/RS232 serial buses. This enables the designer to use DPO/DSA70000 series oscilloscope for debugging UART/RS232C signals along with high-speed designs SATA/DDR/HDMI/FBDIMM/PCI-E and so forth.
The feature-rich PDU-R UART/RS232 protocol decode software imports the oscilloscope acquired UART/RS232 data and displays the decoded data in different data formats. PDUR provides the flexibility in setting the bits of the number in the stop/start of the UART frame.
For easy and quick analysis, PDU-R offers flexibility to display the order of MSB and LSB bits in decoded bytes. Users can define the number of bits per data byte making PDU-R a customizable view of the decoded data. These features make the PDU-R software industry best decode and debug UART signals.
In PDU-R Protocol Decode Software user can quickly link the decoded data to the waveform by selecting data in the result table. In a detailed view, the ‘1’ and ‘0’ is overlaid on the waveform for quick analysis of data transition. When signals are decoded from a wfm or CSV file, the PDU-R waveform display would plot the waveform enabling a simultaneous view of the time and data domain of UART signals.
The product features are as follows:
- Converts time-domain waveform information into data domain, and displays the contents in UART/RS232C message format.
- Simultaneous waveform and decoded data display in a single window allow efficient debugging.
- The ability to link any UART/RS232C frame to the waveform allows efficient analysis of UART/RS232 communication.
- The ability to zoom the waveform for any of the decoded data allows engineers to note analog characteristics of the waveform.
- The detailed view overlays the binary data on the waveform for selected UART/RS232 data
- Flexibility to view the decoded data in hex, binary, decimal, and ASCII format.
- The search function helps in quickly locating the specific data in thousands of decoded UART/RS232 messages.
- Timestamp with reference to trigger position allows engineers to know the timing of data from the trigger position.
- Offline analysis with the Ref waveforms, .wfm (Tektronix oscilloscope’s internal waveform file format), and .csv files
- Capability to save the decoded messages in CSV format.